WHAT ARE THE PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF A MIFARE CARD?
- Operating frequency: 13.56 MHz.
- Read range: from about 0cm up to 10 cm.
- Card size: approx. 85.7mm x 54.0mm x 0.8mm.
- Data capacity: a standard 1K Mifare card has 16 sectors each with 4 blocks of data that are16 bytes. Other capacities are available.
HOW SECURE IS THE DATA ON A MIFARE CARD?
- The radio transmission between the Mifare chip and the reader is encrypted.
- Each sector can have its own 48 bit keys for read and write access, this allows multiple applications from different vendors to operate on the same card.
- Access to data from each sector is protected with a 48 bit key.
- The actual data stored on the card can be either encrypted or not encrypted.
- Each sector can be read.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A MIFARE CARD?
- A single card can be used for multiple applications including access control, pin verification and purse applications
- Secure encryption prevents unauthorized access to information stored on the card. This makes it extremely difficult to copy a Mifare card.
- Being contactless, there is reduced maintenance required for card readers as well as less wear and tear on the cards.
- Mifare cards do not need to be inserted into a reader; instead they only need to be presented within the range of the card reader. This will allow read and write operations to be performed.
- Each card has its own unique card serial number.
- Cards can be used in a wet environment as the card reader can be sealed.
Trackback URL: http://www.tagprint.com.my/what-is-mifare-2/trackback/